What community event would you like?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iTechRemix

Founder
Staff member
Founder
Hello!

So throughout the holiday season, it's been a little quiet in the VG realm. So, to hopefully get things moving a little, I wanted to ask you all: what do you think would be a good idea for a community event? It could be getting together to play a game, hanging out in TeamSpeak, Plug.DJ, or any other ideas you might have! :) I'm open to anything, really, so go for it!

The only thing I ask as far as game suggestions go is that the game be cross-platform, meaning compatibility with Windows, Linux, and Mac operating systems. The reasoning behind that is we have members that use a variety of different OSes, and I would rather not have to leave anybody out just because they have a different choice of OS. Hopefully that makes sense. :)

Go ahead and give me your ideas! :D

Hexic

Co-Founder
Staff member
Co-Founder
Some good ideas for games would be Battlefield 4, Hidden: source, Arma 3, Dayz (mod or SA), Civ 5, or L4D2

WilhelmTheFirst

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Not to mention, ArmA 2: OA (possibly modded), Tabletop Simulator, Team Fortress 2, Mount and Blade: Warband, possibly 7 Days to Die, and Garry's mod.

I would like to see a game in Tabetop simulator and Mount and Blade: Warband where we use both games in conjunction to produce an RPG. Mount and Blade: Warband would of course have to be running some mods to be able to accommodate for the progressive RPG experience (allowing for stats, items, etc). Moves within the game world can be represented by moving pieces and possibly cards in a Tabletop simulator match. Actions on the map, battle for example could be represented by activity from within Mount and Blade: Warband. For example, when playing Risk, instead of dice-rolls it could be possible for us to use Mount and Blade battles to determine who wins, (although this may be more random/unfair than the original dice-rolls system.)

iTechRemix

Founder
Staff member
Founder
Great suggestions so far! :) That TTS/Mount and Blade idea is an interesting one as well. The ones that are cross-platform that have been mentioned thus far are Civ 5, L4D2, Tabletop Simulator, 7 Days to Die, Mount and Blade: Warband, Team Fortress 2, and Garry's Mod. The others are by no means ruled out at this point, it's just that I'm probably going to lean towards the cross-platform ones so that nobody is left out if they want to join. Anyway, thanks for the responses thus far! :D

iTechRemix

Founder
Staff member
Founder
Anyone else feel free to post any other ideas you may have as well. We will likely have multiple events once we start doing them to cover more games in case some people don't have one game, etc. Thanks for the suggestions so far! :)

Vale

Staff member
Graphic Design
I recommend that we play games that can be played for free on Steam or games that almost everyone has such as Minecraft, Team Fortress 2, Terraria, Fistful of Frags, Civilization 5, and maybe even Tabletop Simulator! As for the Plug.DJ, I think we should gather up in there hopefully every Friday.

Last edited:

iTechRemix

Founder
Staff member
Founder
I recommend that we play games games that can be played for free on Steam or games that almost everyone has such as Minecraft, Team Fortress 2, Terraria, Fistful of Frags, Civilization 5, and maybe even Tabletop Simulator! As for the Plug.DJ, I think we should gather up in there hopefully every Friday.
Yeah, that would definitely be awesome! Hopefully the Terraria 1.3 update comes out soon, it's supposed to be the largest update ever! And Plug.DJ every Friday would be awesome, maybe I can set up events on the Steam page; we might just have to try that this Friday and see if anyone joins! :)

iTechRemix

Founder
Staff member
Founder
Don't they say that about every update?
Haha well I haven't really followed Terraria until this update, but I do know that they have actually been providing picture proof on their new forums this time, and the next update is also scheduled to introduce Linux (and Mac) support! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.