News Vaxoc Gaming Server Woes!

iTechRemix

Founder
Staff member
Founder
Hello!

It's been a while since I've said anything publicly, so let's give a quick update!

First off, you might have noticed that throughout the past week, the VG website and TeamSpeak servers had multiple outages (lasting about 5-10 minutes each). Although these services are hosted on separate servers, they are hosted through the same provider. Back when I initially chose this provider, they were an independent company. During the second half of 2015, they were purchased by another company. The new company continued our service, but it seems that they have neglected our patronage ever since they purchased our previous provider. Because of this, I have decided to start the transition to a new provider. There's not really an ETA on when this will be complete, although I can confirm that when I begin the process of actually moving the server to the new provider, the site and TS will go offline during the transfer. I will try to post in advance so there are no surprises, and I will try to do the transfers independently so that only one service is affected at a time. I'm hoping this small headache will be worth it in the end! :)

Next, you've noticed, I'm sure, that it has been quiet around here lately! Of course, this is largely my own fault. Right now the Minecraft server is down, though since I am about to switch to a new server provider, I'm going to try and tackle this issue soon as well. The main reason the server has been down so long is, well, money! This has been my first year of university, so money hasn't been the most plentiful resource. I'm going to try and squeeze some room in my budget to get some servers up and running. As some of you might be aware of, the Minecraft server used to be hosted by me. This had numerous downsides, including lack of bandwidth and physical server resources (RAM, etc.) that would sometimes cause the MC server to hiccup. And that's why I am no longer going to host it myself, but I will instead try and rent a server to run it on. Hopefully all goes well, I will report back! :)

Thank you everyone for your continued patience, I promise I haven't forgotten about you all! In all honesty, I'm surprised that some of you are still here, so thank you guys especially! :D

Feel free to reply to this and ask any questions you might have!

UPDATE Jan 18, 2016: The migration of the web server is complete!
UPDATE Jan 22, 2016: After days of constant contact with TeamSpeak Systems, the TS3 server is now (finally) back online! :)

Last edited:

iTechRemix

Founder
Staff member
Founder
UPDATE Jan 20, 2016: I have sent TeamSpeak Systems additional information they requested about Vaxoc Gaming, so now we are just waiting for the license to be issued! Hopefully they can get that back tomorrow, here's to hoping! :)