Two Factor Authentication and why you might want to consider it!

iTechRemix

Founder
Staff member
Founder
Hello!
I wanted to quickly bring up a topic that many of you likely already use (perhaps without even knowing it) on other websites and services and that is Two Factor Authentication (TFA)! I also wanted to bring up why you may consider it for your forum account!

TFA increases the security of your account and decreases the likelihood of unauthorized access of your account. When you enable it, you will be prompted to enter a code (often sent to your phone) upon correctly entering your username and password. Sound familiar? Steam Guard uses it! This, of course, increases security since someone would have to have both your password and your other device with the code to get into your account.

We offer this on the website, and if you'd like to enable it on your account, you can hover over your name in the top right, and click "Two-Step Verification" or by clicking HERE. The website will guide you through the process of enabling it. You'll need to use an authenticator app, which you can find by searching your respective app store for "authenticator." You can also have the codes sent to your email instead, if you prefer, which is an option in the setup.

Anyways, just thought I'd point that out in case you weren't aware of it! :)