Official Happy Birthday to Vaxoc Gaming and an Update!

iTechRemix

Founder
Staff member
Founder
Hello everyone!

First off, Vaxoc Gaming is 4 years old today, July 7! It's hard to believe it has been this long since we started as a small, private Minecraft server, and have sprouted into a considerably larger community. :) Some of you might remember those days! Thank you all so much for making this a possibility and for making the experience an enjoyable one. I know things have been quiet lately, so I wanted to give you a quick update as to what is going on behind the scenes right now.

As you've probably been able to tell, we've unfortunately continued our streak of dormancy, so hopefully this update will improve communication between us and our members.

First things first, by now you've probably noticed the Minecraft server has been down for a considerable amount of time. Initially, this was caused by a server fault, which repeatedly brought the server down on its own. Because of that, I took it offline to work on it, and eventually got it to a place where it seemed to be quite a bit more stable. So why isn't it up? Well, shortly after working on it, it had to be taken back down because the server ran out of hard disk space. Simple fix, right? Well, we run VMC in a virtualisation container, so not so much. Changing out a disk causes a few problems unfortunately. Which is the problem we're currently facing. I'm likely going to go out and buy a hard drive as a replacement, but with work all summer, and university starting next month, things have been quite hectic. I'm just as anxious to get the server back up and running as much as you, so I'm hoping to get it solved.

Soon I will have to pay some bills that keep us running. Namely, I need to renew the website hosting VPS, as well as the TeamSpeak VPS server. Preferably, we'll be able to extend our forum software license, but we'll see what funds I have left after renewing other services.

One last thing: I will be unavailable starting Wednesday, July 8, all the way until July 19th due to events and personal events. During this time, if you need me, post on the forum, and I will try to check in there when I can. :) Of course, because of this, it's unlikely that I'll be able to get the Minecraft server running until after this time, but thank you for your patience. A period of inactivity this long from me is something I consider unacceptable, and I hope that it does not happen again. Thank you guys for putting up with me.

If you need anything or if you have any questions, please let me know! :)